Hotel pick-up (centrally located hotels only)
Lucca is arguably one of the most enjoyable cities in Tuscany. It was the capital city of the region in the early Middle Ages, and it’s famous for its wonderful defensive wall, for his churches and for the international comics fair.
Summary and pricing
- This tour has a duration of 2.5 hours (approximately)
- The tour includes the highlights of Venice
- It’s a private tour (just your party and the guide)
- You must book this tour at least 8 days in advance. For last-minute requests, feel free to contact us but be aware that, during high season, it’s almost impossible to find availability
- The base price (up to 2 persons) is EUR 320, plus EUR 50 for each additional adult and EUR 25 for each additional child
- The above price is for parties of up to 8 people. For larger parties, contact us.
A local guide will meet you at your hotel in central Lucca, or at the train station, if you’re coming from Florence or Pisa. You will admire the walls, surrounded by a delightful lawn. The walls of Lucca have now become a great park to walk through, and from where it is possible to see the city from an unique perspective.
You will stroll in the Medieval streets and admire the beautiful churches, including a visit of the Cathedral of San Martino, famous for the Holy Face (according to the tradition, the very first portrait of Jesus). During the tour, you will also see the house of Giacomo Puccini, where the famous musician was born.
You will then see the Piazza Anfiteatro (once the “Colosseum” of Lucca), discovering the remote Ancient Roman origins of the city.
- 16th century walls
- Piazza and Church of San Michele in Foro
- Piazza Napoleone
- Palazzo Ducale (outside)
- Cathedral of San Martino
- House of Giacomo Puccini (outside)
- Guinigi Tower
- Piazza Anfiteatro
- Basilica of San Frediano
Meeting point: to be defined – any place in the city centre or train station
Hotel pick-up: available (free of charge) for hotels in central Lucca
Drop-off: Lucca city centre
- 3-hour private tour with an expert licensed tour guide of Lucca
- radio headphones (depends on group size)
- hotel pick-up (on request and free of charge: available only for hotels in central Lucca)
- any other personal expense
If you cancel this tour in time (at least 7 days in advance), there are no cancellation fees.