Venice in a day at a glance
- Duration: 4 hours
- Tour type: private tour (just your family/friends and your guide)
- Payment: pay a deposit now, pay the remaining balance the day of the tour
- Other expenses: admission to the St Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace € 31.00/person
- Tour schedule: every day except for Sundays
- Tour overview
- Pick-up and Drop-off info
- Things to bring (and not to)
- What’s included (and what’s not)
- Important information
Venice in a day is a comprehensive tour that will show you all the main attractions of the city in few hours, giving you all the needed info about the history of Venice. It’s perfect for newcomers, or for people who have been in Venice before but didn’t have time to properly appreciate the heritage of this incredible place.
You will meet your guide at the meeting point, close to the entrance of the St Mark’s Basilica. After a brief introduction to the city, you will join the privileged line with your skip-the-line reservation and get inside, for a tour of the Basilica and its stunning mosaics.
Next is a visit of Palazzo Ducale, the Doge’s Palace, where you will learn about the rise and fall of the Republic of Venice, also known as “La Serenissima”. You will see the huge Sala del Maggior Consiglio, with the large paintings by Veronese and Tintoretto.
Your expert guide will now lead you through the alleys of Venice to reach the Rialto Bridge, mirroring on the Venetian Lagoon. After crossing the bridge, you will see the Rialto market, and will be told about the typical Venetian recipes.
This should make you hungry. The market area is filled with typical restaurants where you can have your lunch (at your expense).
Venice in a day itinerary
This tour has a duration of six hours, plus a 1-hour break for lunch, for a total of 7 hours. Here is an approximate timetable of the tour:
- START – St Mark’s Square
- 00H:30M – St Mark’s Basilica
- 01H:30M – Doge’s Palace
- 03H:15M – Rialto Bridge and market
- 04H:00M – Lunch – end of tour
Pick-up and Drop-off
Meeting point: Piazza San Marco 353, Venice, in front of Falciani restaurant
Hotel pick-up: available for selected hotels, you must contact the guide after booking the tour
Drop-off: Rialto Market, Venice
Things to bring (and not to)
You will have to pay the price of museum tickets. Your guide will assist you and you will pay at the museum ticket office directly, by cash or credit card. After booking, you can directly contact your guide for more information.
Having a camera with you is your choice. Someone prefers to immerse in beauty not being distracted by taking pictures/making videos, someone else prefers to build printable memories of his trip. It’s really up to you. Inside the museums included in this tour, pictures and videos are allowed, but the use of a flash or selfie-sticks is prohibited.
Entrance to the St Mark’s Basilica and any other religious place is subject to restrictions: your clothing must be appropriate and cover your shoulders and knees.
What’s included in the price (and what is not)
- 4-hour private tour with an expert licensed tour guide of Venice
- skip-the-line reservation for the St Mark’s Basilica, tickets for Doge’s Palace (€ 31/person)
- any other personal expense
Here are some important things to know in order to ensure you have the best possible experience with your “Venice in a day” tour:
- the itinerary is indicative and can be changed in case some monument is inaccessible for restoration;
- The St Mark’s Basilica can be closed for religious events without notice.