Professional tour guide
Tour guides providing this tour:
This is a tour sold exclusively by Valerie! See her profile by clicking on the “Tour Guides” tab.
You can read the tour description below or you can contact Antonella for more information.
Magic patterns at the Duomo © at a glance
- Tour duration: 2,5 hours
- Tour type: private tour (just your family/friends and your guide)
- Payment: pay a deposit now, pay the remaining balance the day of the tour
- Other expenses: admission to the Duomo complex, € 15.00/person (€ 3.00 for Age under 12)
- Tour schedule: every day except for Sundays
- Tour overview
- Pick-up and Drop-off info
- Things to bring (and not to)
- What’s included (and what’s not)
- Important information
We will start inside the courtyard of the Cathedral center where we will purchase the tickets for the religious complex.
From there we will walk around the Baptistery and look at the three bronze doors before we enter it. In the golden glaze of the mosaics, we will look for shells, waves, deers, birds, fountains, the figures of the zodiac…and a radiant sun!
Afterward, we will enter the Duomo seeking for more symbols and eventually even find a peacock!
At the exit, we will overlook the Bell Tower with the many panels featuring human work and divine protection.
The tour lasts 2 1/2 hrs and is tailored according to the attention span small children can afford
Magic patterns at the Duomo © itinerary
This tour has a duration of 2,5 hours. Here is an approximate timetable of the tour:
- START – Piazza San Giovanni
- 00H:10M – Baptistery of San Giovanni
- 01H:00M – Duomo inside
- 02H:00M – Bell Tower
- 02H:30M – End of tour
Pick-up and Drop-off
Meeting point: Piazza di San Giovanni, North-West side of the Baptistery, in front of the “Column of Saint Zanobi”.
Hotel pick-up: available for selected hotels, you must contact the guide after booking the tour
Drop-off: Piazza del Duomo
Things to bring (and not to)
You will have to pay the price of museum tickets. Your guide will assist you and you will pay at the museum ticket office directly, by cash or credit card. After booking, you can directly contact your guide for more information.
Having a camera with you is your choice. Someone prefers to immerse in beauty not being distracted by taking pictures/making videos, someone else prefers to build printable memories of his trip. It’s really up to you. Inside the Duomo complex, pictures and videos are allowed, but the use of a flash or selfie-sticks is prohibited.
Entrance to the Duomo and any other religious place is subject to restrictions: your clothing must be appropriate and cover your shoulders and knees.
What’s included in the price (and what is not)
- 2,5-hour private tour with an expert licensed tour guide of Florence
- hotel pick-up (on request and free of charge: available only for hotels in central Florence)
- Duomo tickets (€ 15/person, € 3 for under 12). Your guide will assist you in buying the tickets.
- any other personal expense
Here are some important things to know in order to ensure you have the best possible experience with your Magic patterns at the Duomo © tour:
- the itinerary is indicative and can be changed in case some monument is inaccessible for restoration;
- the times of access to the monuments are subject to changes in time due to extraordinary events. The timetable is guaranteed weekly. Your guide will check the timetable one week before the tour and will communicate any variation;
- please make sure the kids had their pit stop before starting (toilets and a snack).
Not ready to book, need more info?
This was seriously the most fascinating tour for kids I, or anyone of the friends I was travelling with, have ever taken. The Baptistery was gorgeous and finding everything we were looking for in it was so much fun and had us completely enraptured. My favorite part of the whole tour was finding the peacock at the Duomo; it was beautiful and a great time all wrapped into one; Valerie is a great tour guide and I would love to take another tour with her someday.