Radio headphones (depends on party size)
Enjoy a private tour through the most important sites of Rome and see the main squares and fountains along with the magnificent Pantheon.
Summary and pricing
- This tour has a duration of 3 hours
- The tour includes the Spanish Steps, Barcaccia Fountain, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Fountain of the Four Rivers, and more
- It’s a private tour (just your party and the guide)
- Entrance tickets are included
- You must book this tour at least 31 days in advance. For last-minute requests, feel free to contact us but be aware that, during high season, it’s almost impossible to find availability
- The base price (up to 2 persons) is EUR 350, plus EUR 60 for each additional adult and EUR 30 for each additional child
- The above price is for parties of up to 8 people. For larger parties, contact us.
The tour starts in Piazza di Spagna, in front of the Spanish Steps. From here, you will have a scenic view of the church of Trinità dei Monti and will admire the “Barcaccia” fountain by Gian Lorenzo Bernini. The name comes from the shape of the fountain, similar to a boat (barca in Italian).
After a short walk, you will reach the most famous fountain of Rome: the Trevi Fountain, a masterpiece of the late Baroque style. The next stage is an ancient Roman temple transformed into a church: the Pantheon. Here you will be amazed at the largest dome built in ancient times and will see the tombs of important persons: the first king of Italy, Vittorio Emanuele II, and the famous artist Raphael.
The tour ends with a visit to Piazza Navona, the elliptic square built on the foundations of an ancient Roman stadium. Here you will see another magnificent work by Bernini, the Fountain of the Four Rivers, facing the beautiful facade of the church of Sant’Agnese in Agone, built by his rival Borromini.
Here is the itinerary of the tour:
- Spanish Steps
- Trevi Fountain
- Emperor Marco Aurelio Column
- “Montecitorio” Parliament Palace
- Navona Square
- Domitian’s Emperor Stadium (outside)
Based on the date and time of your choice, the guide might also show you some important churches along the way.
Meeting point: Spanish Steps – Down at the corner with Babington’s Tea Room. For those who get there by subway: as soon as you exit from the subway, walk through the small street in front of you and then turn left. Getting to the steps, you will find Babington’s at the corner
Hotel pick-up: available for selected hotels only, you must contact us to request a pick-up
Drop-off: Piazza Navona, Rome
Entrance to the Pantheon and any other religious place is subject to restrictions: your clothing must be appropriate and cover your shoulders and knees.
- 3-hour private tour with an expert licensed tour leader of Rome
- any other personal expense
Here are some important things to know in order to ensure you have the best possible experience with your tour. In particular, on this tour it is possible:
- to customize the itinerary depending on the client’s wishes in case of sites near the above-mentioned area
- to make the tour in the opposite direction than the one mentioned above
- to make stops as per the client’s wishes considering that the duration time will remain the same
If you are traveling to Rome in Spring/Summer time, it is highly recommended to bring with you a hat, high-protection sun cream, sunglasses, and water and wear comfortable shoes. In Fall/Winter time instead, it is highly recommended to have an umbrella or a raincoat and wear waterproof shoes.
Your entrance tickets for this tour are bought immediately to avoid availability issues, and they are not refundable. If you cancel this tour at least 8 days in advance, there is a cancellation fee of € 25/person. There is no refund in case of late cancellations (in the final 7 days).