Radio headphones (depends on party size)
Professional English fluent driver
The Papal Basilicas tour is a full immersion in the three churches that made the history of Christianity. You will enjoy the beauty of amazing works of art and architecture through the eyes of a local expert guide!
Summary and pricing
- This tour has a duration of 4 hours
- The tour includes the basilicas of St John in Lateran, Sy Mary Major, and St Paul Outside the Wall
- It’s a private tour (just your party and the guide). A luxury car/van with driver will provide pick up, drop off, and transfers during the tour
- Entrance tickets are included
- You must book this tour at least 31 days in advance. For last-minute requests, feel free to contact us but be aware that, during high season, it’s almost impossible to find availability
- The base price (up to 2 persons) is EUR 816, plus EUR 80 for each additional adult and EUR 50 for each additional child
- The above price is for parties of up to 7 people. For larger parties, contact us.
Our expert guide will pick you up at your hotel or apartment, while a luxury car/van with a driver will be waiting outside to start this amazing trip through Rome.
You will visit the Basilica of San Giovanni in Laterano, a church of ancient origins, which is the cathedral church of Rome. The basilica preserves numerous statues and has a very refined coffered ceiling.
Next comes the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, in the center of Rome, where you can marvel at the wealth of statutes, paintings, and frescoes of extraordinary elegance, and attention to detail.
Finally, you will be astonished at the remarkable charm of the mosaics of the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls with the elegant Gothic canopy.
After the tour, the car/van will drop you off at your hotel/apartment.
Here is the itinerary* of the tour:
- Basilica of St John in Lateran
- Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore
- Basilica of St Paul Outside the Wall
*NOTE: the sequence of the three basilicas might be different based on where your hotel/apartment is located. The guide and driver will choose the most efficient sequence to minimize transfers and allow you more time to visit the basilicas.
Meeting point: your hotel/apartment in Rome
Drop-off: your hotel/apartment in Rome
Your jackets and bags will be scanned by a metal detector at the Papal Basilicas. Knives, cutters, multipurpose tools, and any sharp object that might represent a danger to the works of art will be seized at the sole discretion of the basilica personnel.
Entrance to the Papal Basilicas and any other religious place is subject to restrictions: your clothing must be appropriate and cover your shoulders and knees.
- 4-hour private tour with an expert licensed tour guide of Rome
- skip-the-line tickets (where applicable)
- radio headphones (depends on group size)
- car/van with expert driver at disposal
- hotel pick up and drop off
- any other personal expense
Here are some important things to know in order to ensure you have the best possible experience with your tour:
- having a camera with you is your choice. Someone prefers to immerse in beauty not being distracted by taking pictures/making videos, someone else prefers to build printable memories of his trip. It’s really up to you. Inside churches and museums, pictures and videos are allowed, but the use of flash or selfie sticks is prohibited.
- please respect the silence of religious places. Tourist visits are allowed but it’s requested not to speak too loud while inside.
Your entrance tickets for this tour are bought immediately to avoid availability issues, and they are not refundable. If you cancel this tour at least 8 days in advance, there is a cancellation fee of € 12/person. There is no refund in case of late cancellations (in the final 7 days).