Professional English-speaking tour guide
See the secrets of the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and the Roman Forum on this small group. With your knowledgeable guide, skip the long entrance lines at each attraction. Explore the Colosseum’s underground chambers, which are off-limits to most of the public each day and discover Palatine Hill and the ancient ruins of the Roman Forum. Limited to just six people, this tour provides a more intimate experience.
After meeting your guide at the Colosseum Metro Station, head out to explore some of Rome’s most legendary landmarks. Cruise past the entrance queues with your skip-the-line ticket, allowing you to waste no time inside these Roman icons.
At the Colosseum, start your tour on the underground level, which is only open to a limited number of visitors each day. Walk through the maze of subterranean chambers to see where fierce animals were once caged, and listen to stories from your guide about the gruesome gladiator battles. Then walk up to the arena level, and follow your guide into the area where the battles were fought, instead of tracing the edge, as most visitors do. Tread lightly over pieces of the original floor as you look below through the gaps.
Next, head down into the Roman Forum, following your guide around the ruins that once made up the city’s political and commercial heart. Hear about structures like the Arch of Titus and the Senate, where you have the chance to stay longer if you wish.
Walk up Palatine Hill, one of the Seven Hills of Rome. Wander through pine trees while learning from your guide about ancient Rome’s origins, and see where the wealthiest Romans used to live.
Meeting point: Piazza del Colosseo, 21, 00184 Roma RM, Italy, in front of the SOS sign outside of the Colosseum’s Metro Station’s MAIN ENTRANCE, ground floor, right across the street from the Colosseum itself. Please note that there are two levels to the Colosseum Metro Station, your meeting point is at ground level. Your guide will be holding a LivTours sign.
Hotel pick-up: Not available
Drop-off: Returns to the original departure point
- 3-hour private tour with an expert licensed tour guide
- skip-the-line tickets
- any other personal expense
Here are some important things to know in order to ensure you have the best possible experience with your tour:
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Children and youth must be accompanied by an adult
- Proof-of-age for teenagers under 18 years is required
- Please note: large bags, backpacks and suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only small bags are allowed. Glass bottles and containers are also not allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
- Due to extreme weather conditions, the Colosseum Administration may limit access to some or all of the restricted areas (Colosseum, Arena Level and Third Tier), to ensure security of its visitors. No refund will be granted on these rare occasions
- UNDERGROUND AND ARENA: The access to the restricted areas of the Colosseum (Underground and Arena) may be shared among other participants in the our exclusive entry slot. At times, for safety reasons, logistics and traffic control, the group may be led by one guide. This choice is at the complete discretion of the Colosseum’s administration and security policy of that day in accordance with adequate safety measures. Please be aware that this is only for 30/40 minutes of the total duration of the tour. Our max 6 people policy is guaranteed for the remainder of the duration of the tour.
- GENERAL ENTRY: Please note that for safety reasons the Colosseum can accommodate up to 3000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors. Please be on time!
- English Language Only
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Operated by LivTours
This tour is provided by another agency (not Guidaly) and can be booked on Viator. Viator terms and conditions apply.