Radio headphones (depends on party size)
Professional tour guide
Ancient Rome tour is a comprehensive tour that will show you all the main attractions of the ancient city, giving you all the needed info about the history of Imperial Rome.
You will meet your guide at the meeting point, close to the entrance of the Colosseum. You will join the privileged line with your skip-the-line tickets and get inside, straight in a restricted area: the arena, where gladiators fought in front of 80,000 persons. This area of the Colosseum is not open to all the visitors, but only to a small number of persons with a special ticket that we provide. After some minutes in the arena, you will also visit all the other parts of the Colosseum.
Next, you will visit the Roman Forum, the place where the public life of the most powerful metropolis of antiquity took place, and you will learn about the political intrigue that turned Rome from Kingdom to Republic to Empire.
Finally, you will visit the Palatine Hill, the legendary place where Rome was founded, to see the Imperial palaces from where Tiberius, Caligula, and Nero ruled the largest Empire in the world. In the late Imperial age, the Palatine Hill was filled with palaces at a point that the Latin word palatium started to indicate the palace par excellence.
This tour has a duration of three hours. Here is the itinerary of the tour:
- Colosseum – Gladiator’s entrance
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
Meeting point: Colosseum, just outside Metro Line B exit, at the kiosk selling newspapers
Hotel pick-up: not available. We can organize your private transfer by car/van (one way or round trip)
Drop-off: Palatine Hill
For this tour, it’s necessary to provide a list of participants and their birth dates. Each participant must be able to show a photo ID document issued by his government. Failing to comply with this policy could result into refused access to the Colosseum.
Even with skip-the-line tickets, expect to wait some minutes to enter the Colosseum, especially during high season; in particular, entrance to the Colosseum depends on the maximum capacity, set in 3000 persons. We recommend the afternoon to avoid the crowds.
Your jackets and bags will be scanned by a metal detector at the Colosseum. Knifes, cutters, multipurpose tools and any sharp object that might represent a danger for the works of art will be seized at the sole discretion of the museum personnel.
Large backpacks, tripods, and long umbrellas will have to be left at the entrance and be collected at the exit (this service is free of charge, but we suggest not to bring with you these objects).
- 3-hour private tour with an expert licensed tour guide of Rome
- skip-the-line tickets with Gladiator’s entrance
- radio headphones (depends on group size)
- any other personal expense
Here are some important things to know in order to ensure you have the best possible experience with your tour:
- the itinerary is indicative and can be changed in case some monument is inaccessible for restoration
- having a camera with you is your choice. Someone prefers to immerse in beauty not being distracted by taking pictures/making videos, someone else prefers to build printable memories of his trip. It’s really up to you
- if you are travelling to Rome in Spring/Summer time, it is highly recommended to bring with you a hat, high protection sun cream, sunglasses, water and wear comfortable shoes. In Fall/Winter time instead, it is highly recommended to have an umbrella or a raincoat and wear waterproof shoes
Even if you cancel this tour in time (at least 7 days in advance), there is a cancellation fee of € 35/person because entrance tickets are not refundable.