This is a private excursion from Civitavecchia that will show you all the highlights of Rome.
We suggest to add to this wonderful excursion the following options:
- Borghese Gallery
- a private half-day tour of Rome with our local guides
- a private full-day tour of Rome with our local guides
Just contact us and we’ll be happy to add these options to your package.
Up to 8 persons, for larger parties, contact us.
You will be picked-up at the Civitavecchia Port, right beneath your ship, by an English fluent driver with his shiny luxury car or van.
Your driver will give you all the relevant historical information on the most iconic monuments of Rome.
Drive to Rome and reach Piazza Navona, the oval square built on the remains of an Ancient Roman stadium. Continue your tour with the Pantheon, see the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps.
Reach the ancient part of Rome and have a look at the archaeological area of the Roman Forum, center of the daily life and seat of the famous Senate. Visit the church of St Peter in Chains, to see the famous statue of Moses by Michelangelo, and see the most famous monument of Rome: the Colosseum!
Continue the tour of Ancient Rome with the Mouth of Truth and the Circus maximus, before reaching the Vatican City. Here you will see St Peter’s Square and the St Angel Castle, before completing your excursion with a wonderful view of the city from the Gianicolo Hill.
You will be suggested restaurants for a typical or gourmet lunch, based on your preferences and, if you want, you will have time to explore on your own, shop, or do whatever you prefer.
You’ll be dropped-off exactly at your pier, below your ship, in time to join your cruise again!
- pick-up at Civitavecchia Port
- Piazza Navona
- Trevi fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Forum (outside)
- Church of St Peter in Chains (Michelangelo’s Moses)
- Colosseum (outside)
- Mouth of truth
- Circus Maximus
- Castel Sant’Angelo (outside)
- Vatican (outside)
- View from Gianicolo Hill
- Return to Civitavecchia and drop-off at the port
This itinerary is indicative: it’s flexible and can be adapted to your preferences
Meeting point: Civitavecchia Port, beneath your ship
Drop-off: at your ship
We need to know the ages of children under 14 to provide car/van seats that comply with the Italian laws.
Entrance to religious places is subject to restrictions: your clothing must be appropriate and cover your shoulders and knees.
- round trip transfer Civitavecchia-Rome-Civitavecchia
- car/van at your disposal all day in Rome
- private English speaking driver
- any other personal expense
Here are some important things to know in order to ensure you have the best possible experience with your tour:
- having a camera with you is your choice. Someone prefers to immerse in beauty not being distracted by taking pictures/making videos, someone else prefers to build printable memories of his trip. It’s really up to you.
- if you are travelling to Rome in Spring/Summer time, it is highly recommended to bring with you a hat, high protection sun cream, sunglasses, water and wear comfortable shoes. In Fall/Winter time instead, it is highly recommended to have an umbrella or a raincoat and wear waterproof shoes
If you cancel this tour in time (more than 7 days from the tour date) you will have a full refund.