Radio headphones (depends on party size)
The Vatican tour is a comprehensive tour that will show you the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and the St Peter’s Basilica.
Summary and pricing
- This tour has a duration of 3 hours
- The tour includes the Vatican Museums highlights, the Sistine Chapel, and the St Peter’s Basilica**
- It’s a private tour (just your party and the guide)
- Entrance tickets are included
- You must book this tour at least 61 days in advance. For last-minute requests, feel free to contact us but be aware that, during high season, it’s almost impossible to find availability
- The base price (up to 2 persons) is EUR 430, plus EUR 100 for each additional adult and EUR 80 for each additional child
- The above price is for parties of up to 6 people. For larger parties, contact us.
** The St. Peter’s Basilica can be closed to tourists without notice due to events. In this case, the tour won’t be canceled and the guide will provide a more complete tour of the Vatican Museums.
You will meet your guide at the meeting point, at the entrance of the Vatican Museums, join the privileged line with your skip-the-line tickets and get inside one of the most famous places in the world.
Your expert guide will explain to you the history of the Vatican while reaching the Vatican Galleries.
You will go through the rooms that get you to the Papal apartments, where you will visit Raphael’s Rooms, decorated with frescoes by Raphael Sanzio, including the famous fresco representing the School of Athens.
After the Gallery of Maps, you will finally reach the stunning Sistine Chapel, to admire the huge frescoes by Michelangelo decorating the ceiling, highlighted by the Creation of Adam, and the colorful Last Judgement.
The tour will end with a visit to St Peter’s Basilica, the largest church of Christianity, designed by the greatest architects of the Renaissance. You will admire Michelangelo’s Pietà, and the huge Bernini’s Baldacchino!
This tour has a duration of four hours. Here is the itinerary of the tour:
- Vatican Museums
- Gallery of the Maps
- Raphael’s Rooms
- Sistine Chapel
- St Peter’s Basilica
Meeting point: in front of the Vatican Museums entrance
Hotel pick-up: not available. We can organize your private transfer by car/van (one-way or round-trip)
Drop-off: Piazza San Pietro, Vatican City
Participants under 18 must have an Identity Document to obtain ticket reduction. Failing to have documents will result in having to pay the entire price of the ticket again.
The itinerary is indicative and can be changed in case some rooms are inaccessible for restoration.
Your jackets and bags will be scanned by a metal detector at the Vatican Museums. Knives, cutters, multipurpose tools, and any sharp object that might represent a danger to the works of art will be seized at the sole discretion of the museum personnel. Large backpacks, tripods, and long umbrellas will have to be left at the entrance and collected at the exit (this service is free of charge, but we suggest not to bring with you these objects).
The St Peter’s Basilica can be closed for religious events without notice and the Vatican reserves the right to change the opening schedule at any time. If the Basilica is closed, the guide will provide a more detailed tour of the Vatican Museums (more info).
Entrance to the Sistine Chapel, St Peter’s Basilica, and any other religious place is subject to restrictions: your clothing must be appropriate and cover your shoulders and knees.
Pictures and videos are not allowed inside the Sistine Chapel.
- 3-hour private tour with an expert licensed tour guide of Rome
- skip-the-line tickets
- radio headphones (depending on group size)
- any other personal expense
Here are some important things to know in order to ensure you have the best possible experience with your tour:
- having a camera with you is your choice. Someone prefers to immerse in beauty not being distracted by taking pictures/making videos, someone else prefers to build printable memories of his trip. It’s really up to you. Inside the museums included in this tour, pictures and videos are allowed (except for the Sistine Chapel), but the use of a flash or selfie sticks is prohibited
- even with skip-the-line tickets, expect to wait in line for some minutes to enter the Vatican Museums, especially during high season, because of the security checks
Your entrance tickets for this tour are bought immediately to avoid availability issues, and they are not refundable. If you cancel this tour at least 8 days in advance, there is a cancellation fee of € 40/person. There is no refund in case of late cancellations (in the final 7 days).