Tour guides providing this tour:
You can choose your own tour guide! See their profiles by clicking on the “Tour Guides” tab.
Unusual Imperial Rome at a glance
- Tour duration: 3 hours
- Tour type: private tour (just your family/friends and your guide)
- Payment: pay a deposit now, pay the remaining balance the day of the tour
- Tour schedule: every day
- Tour overview
- Pick-up and Drop-off info
- Things to bring (and not to)
- What’s included (and what’s not)
- Important information
Maybe you know that Emperor Caligula made his horse senator, but do you also know that Cesar was bald and he was very ashamed of this even if he was a latin lover? And what about Vespasian, who built the Colosseum but also the public toilets in Rome?
If you already have been to Rome or you’re not too much into art and history, but you like to know the funny legends behind the most famous monuments, this walking tour will bring you from the Colosseum to the Tiberine Island passing through the Imperial Forums and the Capitoline Hill, for a journey with a expert local guide to discover the popular side of the eternal city.
Unusual Imperial Rome itinerary
This tour has a duration of three hours. Here is the itinerary of the tour:
Colosseum (from outside), Imperial Forums, Roman Forum (from outside), Capitoline Hill, Church of Saint Mary in Ara Coeli, Forum Boarium, Tiberine Island
Pick-up and Drop-off
Meeting point: Colosseum, just outside Metro Line B exit, at the kiosk selling newspapers
Hotel pick-up: available for selected hotels, you must contact the guide after booking the tour
Drop-off: Tiberine Island
Things to bring (and not to)
Bring your camera, to have memories of the jewels you are going to discover.
If you are travelling to Rome in Spring/Summer time, it is highly recommended to bring with you a hat, high protection sun cream, sunglasses, water and wear comfortable shoes.
Remember to bring a scarf to cover your shoulders (for women) and not to wear shorts, sleeveless or short skirts to enter into churches.
In Fall/Winter time instead, it is highly recommended to have an umbrella or a raincoat and wear waterproof shoes.
What’s included in the price (and what is not)
- 3-hour private tour with an expert licensed tour guide of Rome
- any other personal expense
Here are some important things to know in order to ensure you have the best possible experience with your Unusual Imperial Rome tour. In particular, on this tour it is possible:
- to customize the itinerary depending on the client’s wishes in case of sites near to the above-mentioned area
- to make the tour in the opposite direction than the one mentioned above
- to make stops as per client’s wishes considering that duration time will remain the same
The walking distance is about 2 Km.