Professional tour guide
Bernini and Borromini are the masters of the Baroque in Rome: eternal rivals, very different from each other, you’ll discover their masterpieces that contributed making Rome a unique city, and the famous rivalry between them.
With their magnificent architecture and innovative solutions, churches as Saint Charles at the Four Fountains and Saint Andrew at the Quirinal represent a must see in Rome for the ones who already visited the most known places of the Eternal City.
With your expert guide you will start from the hidden Saint Mary of the Victory Church, with the amazing sculpture of Saint Theresa by Bernini, then you will walk to Saint Charles at the Four Fountains, the smallest church in Rome, designed by Borromini. You will meet the genius of Bernini again in Saint Andrew at the Quirinal, you will stop by the Barberini Art Gallery, where both artists worked, you will cross Barberini square to reach Saint Andrew of the Bushes, with its unique Borrominian lantern and the two Berninian statues of the angels.
After having admired the windy tower bell of Saint Yves made by Borromini, your local guide will take you to Piazza Navona, with the final confrontation concerning the two rivals: Saint Agnese and the Fountain of the Four Rivers.
- Church of Saint Susan
- Church of Saint Charles at the Four Fountains
- Church of Saint Andrew at the Quirinal Hill
- Barberini Art Gallery (outside)
- Barberini Square
- Church of Saint Andrew of the Bushes
- Piazza Navona
- Church of Saint Agnese In Agone
- Church of Saint Yves at La Sapienza (outside)
Meeting point: Via XX Settembre, 17, in front of the church of Saint Mary of the Victory
Hotel pick-up: available for selected hotels, you must contact us after booking the tour
Drop-off: Piazza Navona, Rome
Entrance to the any religious place is subject to restrictions: your clothing must be appropriate and cover your shoulders and knees.
- 4-hour private tour with an expert licensed tour guide of Rome
- radio headphones (depends on group size)
- any other personal expense
- to customize the itinerary depending on the client’s wishes in case of sites near to the above-mentioned area
- to make the tour in the opposite direction than the one mentioned above
- to make stops as per client’s wishes considering that duration time will remain the same
Bring your camera, to have memories of the jewels you are going to discover.
If you are travelling to Rome in Spring/Summer time, it is highly recommended to bring with you a hat, high protection sun cream, sunglasses, water and wear comfortable shoes.
In Fall/Winter time instead, it is highly recommended to have an umbrella or a raincoat and wear waterproof shoes.
The walking distance is about 3 Km.
If you cancel this tour in time (at least 7 days in advance), there are no cancellation fees.