Radio headphones (depends on party size)
Ancient Rome tour is a comprehensive tour that will show you all the main attractions of the ancient city, giving you all the needed info about the history of Imperial Rome.
Summary and pricing
- This tour has a duration of 3 hours
- The tour includes the Colosseum, the Forum, and the Palatine Hill
- It’s a private tour (just your party and the guide)
- Entrance tickets are included
- You must book this tour at least 31 days in advance. For last-minute requests, feel free to contact us but be aware that, during high season, it’s almost impossible to find availability
- The base price (1 person) is EUR 365, plus EUR 80 for each additional adult and EUR 50 for each additional child
- The above price is for parties of up to 8 people. For larger parties, contact us.
You will meet your guide at the meeting point, close to the entrance of the Colosseum. You will join the privileged line with your skip-the-line tickets and get inside, to hear stories about the gladiators that fought in the amphitheater in front of 80,000 persons.
Next, you will visit the Roman Forum, the place where the public life of the most powerful metropolis of antiquity took place, and you will learn about the political intrigue that turned Rome from Kingdom to Republic to Empire.
Finally, you will visit Palatine Hill, the legendary place where Rome was founded, to see the Imperial palaces from where Tiberius, Caligula, and Nero ruled the largest Empire in the world. In the late Imperial age, the Palatine Hill was filled with palaces at a point that the Latin word palatium started to indicate the palace par excellence.
This tour has a duration of three hours. Here is the itinerary of the tour:
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
Meeting point: Colosseum, just outside Metro Line B exit, at the kiosk selling newspapers
Hotel pick-up: not available. We can organize your private transfer by car/van (one-way or round-trip)
Drop-off: Palatine Hill
Even with skip-the-line tickets, expect to wait some minutes to enter the Colosseum, especially during high season; in particular, entrance to the Colosseum depends on the maximum capacity, set in 3000 persons. We recommend the afternoon to avoid the crowds.
Your jackets and bags will be scanned by a metal detector at the Colosseum. Knives, cutters, multipurpose tools, and any sharp object that might represent a danger to the works of art will be seized at the sole discretion of the museum personnel.
Large backpacks, tripods, and long umbrellas will have to be left at the entrance and collected at the exit (this service is free of charge, but we suggest not to bring with you these objects).
- 3-hour private tour with an expert licensed tour guide of Rome
- skip-the-line tickets
- radio headphones (depending on group size)
- any other personal expense
Here are some important things to know in order to ensure you have the best possible experience with your tour:
- the itinerary is indicative and can be changed in case some monument is inaccessible for restoration
- having a camera with you is your choice. Someone prefers to immerse in beauty not being distracted by taking pictures/making videos, someone else prefers to build printable memories of his trip. It’s really up to you
- if you are traveling to Rome in Spring/Summer time, it is highly recommended to bring with you a hat, high protection sun cream, sunglasses, water and wear comfortable shoes. In Fall/Winter time instead, it is highly recommended to have an umbrella or a raincoat and wear waterproof shoes
Your entrance tickets for this tour are bought immediately to avoid availability issues, and they are not refundable. If you cancel this tour at least 8 days in advance, there is a cancellation fee of € 30/person. There is no refund in case of late cancellations (in the final 7 days).