Radio headphones (depends on party size)
Hotel pick-up (centrally located hotels only)
Get all the details about the life of the greatest artist of the Renaissance and see all his beautiful works.
Summary and pricing
- This tour has a duration of 4 hours
- The tour includes the Accademia Gallery, the Medici Chapels, the Duomo (outside), Piazza della Signoria and the Santa Croce Basilica
- It’s a private tour (just your party and the guide)
- Entrance tickets are included
- You must book this tour at least 31 days in advance. For last-minute requests, feel free to contact us but be aware that, during high season, it’s almost impossible to find availability
- The base price (up to 2 persons) is EUR 520, plus EUR 120 for each additional adult and EUR 90 for each additional child
- The above price is for parties of up to 8 people. For larger parties, contact us.
Our tour starts from the Accademia Gallery, where you will see the real “David”, the “Prisoners” and the “Palestrina Pietà”. Here you will learn about Michelangelo’s life, his early works, and his new ideas about the “non finito” technique.
Then we will move to the Medici Chapels, visiting the New Sacristy, the most famous funeral monument made by Michelangelo for the Medici family: the beautiful statues of Day, Night, Dawn, and Sunset and the funeral monument dedicated to Lorenzo il Magnifico and his brother Giuliano.
From Medici Chapels walking through the city, we will discover Piazza del Duomo and Piazza della Signoria to see the replica of David and the political city center of the city! We will end our tour at the Basilica of Santa Croce meditating on the tomb of the sculptor and on the meanings that his art had for many artists of his time.
This tour has a duration of four hours. Here is the itinerary of the tour:
- Accademia Gallery
- Medici Chapels
- Piazza del Duomo
- Piazza della Signoria
- Basilica of Santa Croce
Meeting point: via Ricasoli 51, in front of MyAccademia Bookshop
Hotel pick-up: available for selected hotels, you must contact the guide after booking the tour
Drop-off: Piazza Santa Croce
Your jackets and bags will be scanned by a metal detector at both the Academy Gallery and Medici Chapels. Knives, cutters, multipurpose tools, and any sharp object that might represent a danger to the works of art will be seized at the sole discretion of the museum personnel.
The itinerary is indicative and can be changed in case some monument is inaccessible for restoration; furthermore, the itinerary can be changed if hotel pick-up is requested, based on the location of your hotel; in particular, the order of the attractions can be changed to better suit the different starting point.
Even with skip-the-line tickets, expect to wait some minutes to enter the Academy Gallery, Medici Chapels, and Santa Croce Church, especially during high season, because of the metal detector checks that slow down the flow of visitors. In particular, entrance at the Accademia during peak time can be delayed by up to 30 minutes.
Entrance to the Santa Croce Church and any other religious place is subject to restrictions: your clothing must be appropriate and cover your shoulders and knees.
- 4-hour private tour with an expert licensed tour guide of Florence
- skip-the-line reservation for Accademia Gallery, Medici Chapels, and Basilica of Santa Croce
- radio headphones (depending on group size)
- hotel pick-up (on request and free of charge: available only for hotels in central Florence)
- any other personal expense
Here are some important things to know in order to ensure you have the best possible experience with your tour:
- having a camera with you is your choice. Someone prefers to immerse in beauty not being distracted by taking pictures/making videos, someone else prefers to build printable memories of his trip. It’s really up to you. Inside the museums included in this tour, pictures and videos are allowed, but the use of a flash or selfie sticks is prohibited
- large backpacks and long umbrellas will have to be left at the entrance and be collected at the exit (this service is free of charge)
Your entrance tickets for this tour are bought immediately to avoid availability issues, and they are not refundable. If you cancel this tour at least 8 days in advance, there is a cancellation fee of € 60/person. There is no refund in case of late cancellations (in the final 7 days).