Radio headphones (depends on party size)
Hotel pick-up (centrally located hotels only)
The tour offers walk through 15th century Florence when the Medici, with Cosimo the Elder, estabilished themselves as the rulers of the town.
We start from Palazzo Medici-Riccardi, also built by Cosimo, it’s an early example of Renaissance palace that imposed on the entire district which became the Medicean district. Inside you will see the beautiful chapel frescoed by Benozzo Gozzoli, a pupil of Beato Angelico, with the Journey of the Magi, a religious symbol but also a political celebration of Cosimo the Elder.
The Basilica of San Lorenzo was the parish church of the Medici Bankers. The most famous part of the church is the Old Sacristy, built by Brunelleschi and decorated by Donatello in 1427, that contains some of the most famous Medici tombs. The old sacristy is considered a symbol of Renaissance proportions.
The Medici Chapels, our final stage, are an appendix to the Basilica of San Lorenzo, built in the 17th century to host the magnificent tombs of the Grand-Dukes of Tuscany. Here you will see the tombs of the Medici made by Michelangelo: one of the most amazing places in Florence.
The tour will end in Piazza San Lorenzo, in front of the Medici Chapels.
This tour has a duration of three hours. Here is the itinerary of the tour:
- Palazzo Medici-Riccardi
- Basilica of San Lorenzo
- Medici Chapels
Meeting point: Piazza San Lorenzo, in front of the statue
Hotel pick-up: available for selected hotels, you must contact the guide after booking the tour
Drop-off: Piazza San Lorenzo
The itinerary is indicative and can be changed in case some monument is inaccessible for restoration; furthermore, the itinerary can be changed if hotel pick-up is requested, based on the location of your hotel; in particular the order of the attractions can be changed to better suit the different starting point.
Entrance to the Basilica of San Lorenzo and any other religious place is subject to restrictions: your clothing must be appropriate and cover your shoulders and knees.
- 3-hour private tour with an expert licensed tour guide of Florence
- tickets for Palazzo Medici-Riccardi, the Basilica of San Lorenzo and the Medici Chapels
- radio headphones (depends on group size)
- hotel pick-up (on request and free of charge: available only for hotels in central Florence)
- any other personal expense
Here are some important things to know in order to ensure you have the best possible experience with your tour:
- having a camera with you is your choice. Someone prefers to immerse in beauty not being distracted by taking pictures/making videos, someone else prefers to build printable memories of his trip. It’s really up to you. Inside the museums included in this tour, pictures and videos are allowed, but the use of a flash or selfie-sticks is prohibited
Your entrance tickets for this tour are bought immediately to avoid availability issues, and they are not refundable. If you cancel this tour at least 8 days in advance, there is a cancellation fee of € 35/person. There is no refund in case of late cancellations (in the final 7 days).
0 reviews with a 3-star rating
There are no reviews with a 3-star rating yet