Inferno Tour at a glance
Hall of the 500
Dante’s Death Mask
If you loved the Inferno book written by Dan Brown, this is the tour for you!!
This tour starts from Palazzo Pitti Square to talk about the Boboli Gardens and the Buontalenti Cave. Then we will walk following the Vasari Corridor until Ponte Vecchio and will cross the river to get to Palazzo Vecchio. We will visit the Palazzo Vecchio Museum to find the famous phrase “Cerca Trova” in the Salone Dei Cinquecento and the death mask of Dante Alighieri.
Then walking through the Medieval Dante’s district we will discover the church of Dante, the narrow streets used by Mr. Langdon to get to the Baptistery of San Giovanni … This is the path of our tour searching for the stolen mask!
After your Inferno tour is over, you will have 24 hours to visit the other attractions included in your Duomo complex tickets: you can visit the crypt of the Cathedral, Giotto’s bell Tower, Brunelleschi’s Dome and the brand new Opera del Duomo Museum.
Here is an approximate timetable of the tour:
- START – Pitti Palace Square or your hotel in central Florence
- 00H:30M – Ponte Vecchio
- 01H:00M – Palazzo Vecchio
- 02H:00M – Dante District
- 02H:30M – Cathedral Square
- 03H:00M – Baptistery of San Giovanni
Pick-up and Drop-off
Meeting point: Piazza Pitti 14, in front of Pitti Mosaici
Hotel pick-up: available for selected hotels, you must contact the guide after booking the tour
Drop-off: Piazza Del Duomo
What’s included in the price (and what is not)
- 3-hour private tour with an expert licensed tour guide of Florence
- hotel pick-up (on request and free of charge: available only for hotels in central Florence)
- tickets for Palazzo Vecchio and Duomo Complex (€ 25/person). Your guide will assist you in buying the tickets.
- any other personal expense
Here are some important things to know in order to ensure you have the best possible experience with your Inferno tour:
- the itinerary is indicative and can be changed in case some monument is inaccessible for restoration; furthermore, the itinerary can be changed if hotel pick-up is requested, based on the location of your hotel. In particular the order of the attractions can be changed to better suit the different starting point;
- Palazzo Vecchio and Duomo skip-the-line tickets do not exist, and whoever tells you otherwise is lying. That said: there are no lines at the Baptistery or at Palazzo Vecchio, which is where you will go while on this tour. Sometimes there is a short line at the ticket offices when you buy the tickets.
Things to bring (and not to)
You will have to pay the price of museum tickets. Your guide will assist you and you will pay at the museum ticket office directly, by cash or credit card. After booking, you can directly contact your guide for more information.
Having a camera with you is your choice. Someone prefers to immerse in beauty not being distracted by taking pictures/making videos, someone else prefers to build printable memories of his trip. It’s really up to you. Inside the museums included in this tour, pictures and videos are allowed, but the use of a flash or selfie-sticks is prohibited.
Large backpacks and long umbrellas will have to be left at the entrance and be collected at the exit (this service is free of charge).
Entrance to the Baptistery of San Giovanni and any other religious place is subject to restrictions: your clothing must be appropriate and cover your shoulders and knees.