Hotel pick-up (centrally located hotels only)
Professional tour guide
Florence with kids is the perfect tour for families with kids and teens. The tour starts in Santa Croce Square and we will see the famous Santa Croce Church from outside: we will discover the stories about the many important people whose graves are inside the church, about the Arno river big flood and the famous Calcio Storico (Historical Football).
Walking through the Medieval city center, the nice Dante’s district, we will admire the narrow streets, the tower houses, the Dante Museum hearing legends and myths of the City. We will explore the Cathedral Square, we will visit the Duomo, admiring the big Dome made by Brunelleschi, the high Bell Tower by Giotto and the Baptistery!
Along the way, we will stop to see Piazza della Repubblica, the roman city center, the Orsanmichele church, which once was the market of grain and cereals and the Porcellino Market, where tourists use to toss coins in the mouth of a wild boar statue. We will stop on Ponte Vecchio and I tell you the stories of this ancient bridge, its shops, the secret Vasari Corridor and the World War II.
At the end, we will explore Piazza della Signoria with the beautiful statues of Perseus, Neptune, and Hercules. Here we will learn the story of David, the stone giant, and its genial maker Michelangelo.
This tour has a duration of three hours. Here is the itinerary of the tour:
- Santa Croce Square
- Dante’s district
- Duomo complex (outside)
- Piazza della Repubblica
- Church of Orsanmichele
- Loggia del Porcellino
- Ponte Vecchio
- Piazza della Signoria
Meeting point: Piazza Santa Croce 9, in front of J&S Leather Factory
Hotel pick-up: available for selected hotels, you must contact the guide after booking the tour
Drop-off: Piazza della Signoria
- 3-hour private tour with an expert licensed tour guide of Florence
- radio headphones (depends on group size)
- hotel pick-up (on request and free of charge: available only for hotels in central Florence)
- any other personal expense
Here are some important things to know in order to ensure you have the best possible experience with your tour:
- the itinerary is indicative and can be changed in case some monument is inaccessible for restoration
- the itinerary can be changed if hotel pick-up is requested, based on the location of your hotel; in particular, the order of the attractions can be changed to better suit the different starting point
If you cancel this tour in time (at least 7 days in advance), there are no cancellation fees.