Rome is one place that everyone should visit at least once in his or her lifetime. Not only is the city bursting with history, but also it is a truly stunning sight to behold. There are also plenty of things to keep you busy, including the popular tour guides in Rome, and, of course, the food is to die for. Below, we reveal the ten things you will love about Rome.
- History – There really is only one place to begin, and this is with the history in Rome. The architecture on display is mesmerizing. We definitely recommend booking one of the private tours of Rome to make the most of the history on offer. Private Vatican tours are particularly popular.
- Food – You have not had proper pasta or pizza until you have ate in Rome. You will discover pasta dishes you never knew existed, and a huge range of pizza.
- Piazzas – The piazzas in Rome are truly beautiful, and you will find them all over the city, featuring stunning fountains, surrounded by striking buildings.
- Wine – What is a good pasta dish without a quality glass of wine to wash it down? There are a great variety of wines in Italy from different regions.
- The sights – There are so many sights in Rome. You won’t be able to see them all in one trip! So, prioritize the ones you want to see first.
- Gelato – Okay, so once you’ve had your pasta and a glass (or two) of wine, you need to finish it off with gelato of course! Italy is well known for its delicious Gelato, and there are so many flavors to choose from.
- Gardens – Walking through the beautiful gardens of Rome is a true delight.
- Fountains – There are some gorgeous fountains across the city, with the Trevi Fountain being a favorite of many.
- Churches – There are more than 900 churches in Rome, and they are spectacular.
- People – It would not be right to mention Italy without talking about the people. They are charming and so passionate about hospitality.
From tour guides in Rome to the delicious cuisine, you are bound to have a vacation you will never forget when you visit this popular Italian city.